Entrepreneurs interested in the business market in Malaysia should know that they can establish a business presence through the use of a virtual office in Kuala Lumpur or any other major city. This is created for foreign investors who want to have flexible contact with business partners and clients on the Malaysian market. The virtual office in Kuala Lumpur offers a set of advantages and our specialists in company formation in Malaysia can provide legal assistance and advice to businessmen interested in this type of office.
Table of Contents
What is a virtual office?
This kind of office does not offer any physical space and it is a service that provides businessmen with complementary office support and an address. Virtual offices have stopped the norm of renting commercial spaces by allowing organizations to maintain a professional space in markets around the globe and this way this method saves capital. As virtual offices do not offer a proper physical space, they usually include a limited monthly allocation of workspace usage. This office is ideal for market presence, professional identity and is also accessible on a limited budget.
You can rely on our company formation experts if you need more knowledge about virtual office in Malaysia. Our experts can also assist you in operating a virtual office in Kuala Lumpur, which is the capital of Malaysia.
How to get a virtual office?
An individual can rent a virtual office in Malaysia on a monthly payment subscription plan. These virtual office systems are provided with flexible workspace operators and you can start working immediately after you sign up for a virtual office package. To regulate your work, you have to add your phone number, business address and support services. The packages for virtual offices are tailored to every customer and rented on a month-to-month basis for ultimate affordability and flexibility. These packages vary from customer to customer because they are personalized to their business needs. Generally, a basic virtual office package consists of:
- A secretarial support team that provides the services of ad-hoc;
- With the help of a membership portal, access to the worldwide business community is granted;
- A business address to use on your marketing collateral and website;
- Within the provider’s network of serviced offices, casual access is granted to the global meeting rooms, business lounges and boardrooms;
- A receptionist to record messages, answer calls and a local phone number is also required.
A virtual office in Malaysia is a great offer for entrepreneurs, small businesses and start-ups, who do not have enough budget for physical spaces but still want to elevate the image of their businesses. Our company formation specialists in Malaysia can guide you about how to improve the image of your business by using a virtual office in Malaysia.
How to register a company at a virtual office?
You can trust our services if you want to regulate your company by registering it at a virtual office in Malaysia because such an office provides the benefit of having a premium address while saving yourself the expense of office space. You must register your office address with the relevant tax and business authorities to display a company-registered office. You can get different virtual office packages in Malaysia that contain basic address bundles to meeting/lounge room access and phone handling offers. You can change these bundles as the need of your business adapts over time. Our company formation experts in Malaysia will assist you in finding a suitable plan for your smooth business regulations.
Would you like to set up a business in Malaysia? You have the possibility to opt for a limited liability company, the simplest business structure, where 1 USD is the minimum share capital. Our local specialists can help you with the preparation of the necessary documents, as well as with the opening of a bank account. We mention that there is no need for a local director, and redomiciliation is allowed in this country. Contact us to discover all our services.
Who should choose the services of a virtual office in KL (Malaysia)?
The virtual office in Malaysia is the perfect solution for investors who own a small business incorporated in this country or elsewhere and it can also be an appealing way to enter the local market for businessmen who have set up a start-up company. The virtual office will increase the level of corporate identity, as the company’s business partners will be able to contact the investors at an official business address.
Why choose the services of a virtual office in KL (Malaysia)?
Investors who want to open a company in Malaysia should know that the virtual office represents a cost-saving solution, as there are low costs related to the maintenance of the business. Also, another advantage is that if the company has employees, they are not required to be hired only from the Malaysian workforce, since the employees can conduct their activities from a remote location.
One of the main characteristics of a virtual office in Malaysia is that business owners can benefit from a wide set of services that can help increase the value of a company. The virtual office in Kuala Lumpur or other cities is a suitable option for various types of businesses that can conduct their operations in a modern way.
Characteristics of virtual office in Malaysia
Our company formation specialists in Malaysia can help foreign investors in choosing specific services provided by a virtual office in KL, such as a prestigious business address in an area that is suitable for entrepreneurs. Businessmen who want to open a company in Malaysia can receive, at the address of the virtual office, corporate mail and e-mails from various parties; our specialists can provide a phone number and a professional receptionist, who can answer in English or Malay.
The correspondence received at the chosen address can be forwarded to the investor, according to the instructions given by him or her. Another important aspect is that a virtual office in Malaysia can provide a meeting room, equipped with the technology necessary to establish contact with a client/partner, such as video-conference equipment.
Can law firms operate via virtual offices in Malaysia?
In 2015, Malaysia’s Bar Council banned lawyers from practicing through virtual offices. But after six years, this institution announced via Circular 324/2021 to its members, that law firms can operate via virtual offices now. The Bar Council of Malaysia has given effect to this with amendments to the Rules and Ruling of the BC, with new Ruling 7A.01, 7A.02, 7A.03, 7A.04, and 7A.05, and an amendment to the Ruling 7.03. Now, any law firm operating a virtual office in Malaysia must:
- Inform the public that the physical address, its services and facilities are shared by other parties;
- Comply with all the provisions of Chapter 7 of the BC Rulings;
- Be located at one physical business address;
- Notify the Bar Council of the firm’s contact details, address, and details of the virtual office provider;
- Keep the Bar Council updated of any changes;
- Take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized access to information relating to the representation of a client to other parties.
If you have a law firm in Malaysia and you want to carry out your business via a virtual office, you must have confidentiality agreements with the service provider. Our company formation experts can guide you regarding all the applicable regulations for law firms in this regard.
Which are the main advantages deriving from a virtual office in Malaysia?
As mentioned earlier, one of the main reasons investors choose to set up a virtual office in Malaysia refers to the small costs associated with this option, compared to starting a business in the traditional manner. Some of the top advantages of a virtual office in Kuala Lumpur are:
- work flexibility – by choosing the services of a virtual office, the investors will be able to perform their business activity at any given time, from any location, an aspect that is also available for the company’s employees (if applicable);
- reducing the risks – associated with operating a business – this is given by the fact that the investors will not have to conclude capital expenditures related to the company’s office (office rent, utility costs, office equipment, and others), thus reducing the liabilities associated with these matters;
- increase the level of productivity – since there is no need to perform the daily tasks from the company’s office, the employees will not have to waste time of the commute;
- the retention rate of the employees – since this type of business relationship tends to be more flexible, the retention rate of the company’s employees is higher than in the case of a traditional office, as the employees feel less confined by their job; also, this leads to a lower rate of leave applications.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Malaysia
Foreigners who invest in Malaysia can benefit from the services offered by a virtual office. FDIs haven’t stopped due to the outbreak of Covid-19 when the Malaysian government was forced to put strict lockdown in some regions. Countries like the United States, Japan and Indonesia continued to invest in different sectors:
- foreign direct investment of MYR 6.6 billion was channeled into the manufacturing sector;
- an investment of MYR 0.9 billion was made in quarrying and mining;
- another investment of MYR 0.4 billion was in services.
These investments even during strict lockdown show that foreign investors can make major benefits by investing in Malaysia. If you need further information on the virtual office in Kuala Lumpur, please contact our Malaysian company formation specialists, who can offer assistance in this sense and can offer more details concerning the advantages of having a business presence in this country through a virtual office.